If you sell apparel products on Amazon, they require you to set the fabric type for each product. If you provide the information in the wrong format, you are likely to cause errors. To avoid that please ensure that the “fabric type” field is as Amazon requires.
You can easily adjust your custom field that consists of the fabric type information by exporting them from “Inventory>Custom..” and selecting the related custom field from the custom export selector.
You should consider is the structure of the fabric type, which means:
- The numerical percentage value must be followed directly by the percent sign, which must also be followed by an empty space and the capitalized valid fabric. Example: 100% Cotton
- Multiple fabric types need to be in the same format as the step above then separated by a comma. Example: 90% Cotton, 6% Polyamide, 4% Elastane
- Fabrics must be sorted in descending order of percentages. Example that would be accepted: 50% Cotton, 30% Polyamide, 20% Elastane. Example that would be rejected: %30 Polyamide, %20 Elastane, %50 Cotton. (These would be rejected because (a) the % symbol is not AFTER the number and (b) the 50% Cotton is entered at the end of the field and, because it is the largest value, it should be at the beginning of the field)
Please also note:
- Do not use abbreviations. Example: 55% Pa, 25% Co, 20% Ea
- Do not use extensive descriptions of fibers. Example: 50% Organic Combed Ring Spun Cotton
- The numerical value should not contain more than 3 numbers. e.g. 0050% would be rejected
- The sum up of the number should always add to to 100% and not exceed that
- Always indicate the percentage of fabric composition e.g. 100% Cotton, 55% Polyamide NOT: Cotton, Polyamide
- The fabric name should not include the delimiters “;” “:” “,” and “%” outside of the expected structure. i.e. you should use the % symbol only after a number and the comma (,) symbol as a separator
You use the pdf below to get more detailed information about the fabric type structure.