Generic feed channels are used for platforms that are not integrated with StoreAutomator, so it will give you the flexibility to send your data to non-integrated channels via FTP server. With this configuration, you will be able to route your feed which is determined by your needs to the necessary platform that needs to receive those feeds.
By following the instructions below which are explained step by step, you can easily set up the channel and start sending the feed.
1. Adding generic feed channel into your account
- Go to All Channels and then click on Manage Your Channels.
- Click on “Add Channel” located on top right of the screen and choose the Generic Feed one which is under Non Sales channel.
- Make sure to select the “Channel” radio button. Then you can choose your Currency and Language and hit the “Create” button.
2. Include your products into this channel.
3. Create a template and add all the necessary fields that you need to pull from Storeautomator.
Go Settings > Templates> Click “Add Template” and select the Generic Feed Template
You have to figure out the target fields of your generic feed channel and map those target fields to the applicable source fields from Storeautomator.
For more information, please see the article about setting up generic feed templates.
4. Assign the template to your generic feed channel.
Go to Channel> Channel Settings> Template
Choose the generic feed template from the dropdown and Save it.
5. Sending feeds to the non-integrated channel
- Enable Public Feed option under the Channel>Channel Settings> Common. With enabling Public Feed, the public url will be shown underneath the enable switch. You can copy the url and provide it to your channel, so they can get the feed via this link.
- You can also create the feed from the channel and you can send the spreadsheet by email to your integrator of this channel. To create a feed manually, go to your Generic Feed Channel> Channel Products> Click “Create Feed Now'' which is located at the top right of the screen.
The file will be uploaded in your notifications where you can download from. Note: In this spreadsheet, you will be only seeing the fields that you are sending through the generic template.
- Another way to send the feed file to this integration is to connect the channel via FTP. So, you can automatically send the feed to the channel via FTP server. Go to Channel>Channel Settings>FTP Connection and fill out the necessary fields as you see the screenshot below and click the “Save” button at the lower right side of the screen.