For generic channels new product data templates must be written and set up.
For generic channels, new product data templates must be created and filled in.
Templates enhance and customize the information being sent to a channel. For the major channels, StoreAutomator has default templates set up, but for new generic Channels, new templates must be created and filled in.
Below is a list of major channels that we provide templates for:
- Google PLA Feed
- Google Shopping
- Bing Shopping
These templates cover most sales channels for general usage purposes, but users can create their own specific templates and send specific data to channels following their guidelines.
To create your specific channel template:
- Go to: Menu > Settings > Templates,
- Click on the “Add Template” button,
- Click to choose the “Generic Feed” Template type,
- Give a name to this template, and click on “Save” and “Edit” immediately,
- When a “Generic Feed” type template is created, it comes with predefined Source and Target fields. It comes with all required fields already assigned to local fields. Examples of generic feeds are Facebook, Google PLA Feed, Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, LinkShare. If you still need more fields assigned go on to the next step,
- Click on “Add Field,”
- This brings the “Field Properties” dialog box, where a target field can be assigned to a source field,
- Figure the Target Field first and enter into the textbox manually,
- Click on the “Source Field” text box, click on Product, and scroll the list to find the applicable Dynamic field to be inserted,
- Find your source field, attach and click OK to assign a Local field to the Generic template.
- Add all necessary fields following steps 7~11 above and click on “Save,”
- For more advanced usage, refer to “Edit Product Data Templates.”
- You can combine multiple Local fields and assign them to a Target field with the “Format” Textbox on this screen. Some numerous options and functions can be used in this area. Please refer to the “Template Functions and Syntax” document to read more about these functions.
Once a template is added to templates, it can be activated as follows:
- Choose Generic as your active channel,
- Go to Menu > Generic Channel > Channel Settings > Template: Choose the template you just made for your channel; this action will assign the template to the channel as default.