There are a few important points to consider when category mapping on the Belk channel. Let's see together.
As you may already know, Belk works with a business called Mirakl to provide their marketplace. StoreAutomator provides two types of category mapping for Mirakl channel.
There are two ways that categories can be mapped in StoreAutomator - either by using 1. Using the category in the category template or 2. Using the mapped category in StoreAutomator.
To map Belk categories you should only use the mapped category method.
To start, you need to edit the Mirakl settings on the platform. To do this:
- Go to Belk Channel > Channel > Channel Settings > Mirakl Settings, select “Use the mapped category in StoreAutomator” from the drop-down list located below Product Category Source For Flat File, and click on the “Save” button in the bottom right corner.
- Go to Belk Channel > Channel > Mappings, and map your local category to a leaf Mirakl category with the drag-and-drop method.
- Go to Settings > Templates, find the template of the related category, and click on the Edit button of this template.
- Find the “iphCategory” field in the template and click on the Edit button.
- Fill in the source field as Product.MainCategoryMap as shown in the image below, and click on the “Ok” button.
Please remember to click on the “Save&Close” button when you finish the steps shared above.