To increase your listing quality and ensure products are accessible on Etsy, it is highly recommended that you give special attention to setting the best possible tags and categories
Try to write clear, descriptive and short titles to make it easy for customers to find what they are searching for.
Strong Title: XXX 14k White Gold Flat Rope Hoop Earrings 20mm,8mm-White Double Circle
Weak Title: XXX 14K White Gold Earrings
Title field limitations:
- Etsy caps a product Title at 140 characters long.
- Special characters like (% : &) can only be used once.
- Special characters like ($ ^ `) can’t be used in titles.
- Titles can’t contain more than three words in capital letters.
A tag is usually a word or short phrase that describes your product. It is important to keep it simple because Etsy matches tags with customers searches to find relevant results.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To improve where your items are appearing on Etsy, be sure to use your tags when listing your items!
Tags field limitations:
- Etsy tags field can contain up to 13 tags per product.
- A tag can be up to 20 characters long.
- No special characters are allowed.
- Tags should be separated by a comma and space.
Be sure to add the most specific option available for the item you're listing in the Selection tab of your Etsy channel. To add a category, simply type a keyword that is associated with your products.
For example, we typed the word 'shirt' and, we can select the most relevant Etsy category.
Clothing > Women’s Clothing > Tops & Tees > Polo Shirts
Clothing > Girls’ Clothing > Tops & Tees > Shirts