Extensiv Order Manager (EOM) Kit Creation with StoreAutomator
You can send the kits you have in StoreAutomator to EOM, without any additional data entry effort. This way, the kits will be automatically created in EOM and so you will not have to spend time creating your kits on EOM.
Here is the procedure:
- First, you must have your EOM channel created
- EOM is a regular channel, so you need to add it to your channels, click here to read the article on how to add a channel.
- Include all relevant master SKUs and KIT SKUs in the channel.
- Adjust your settings as follows:
- Go to Channel>channel settings>Common>Sync Tab and turn on product creation and product updates
- Enable product data, price, or quantity updates as needed
- Go to Channel>channel settings>Common>General Tab and turn on the Sync switch
- And hit channel sync
That’s it. StoreAutomator will send any changes and additions to the EOM Channel. Our API connection with EOM allows us to communicate kit information in great detail, so just make sure to include all details in StoreAutomator.
Tips and Tricks
Kit creation: When creating kits in StoreAutomator, make sure to create kits correctly as, once a kit is created, you will not be allowed to change its contents, quantities or add/delete products from the kit. This is in alignment with EOM’s requirement that a kits’ contents cannot be edited through their API connection. EOM will allow you to change kit contents through their UI so just log into EOM, find the kit product and you can edit the included SKUs or their quantities.
Kit in StoreAutomator and a kit in EOM - essentially different from each other, but have the same SKU and title. If you update this product from StoreAutomator, the old kit data will be sent to EOM, overriding the changes you have made from the EOM IU panel. To prevent this, there is a switch added to your EOM settings called “Update Product Kit Data”; make sure this is set to the “disabled” position to stop sending further kit data updates. You can locate this switch in EOM Channel>Channel Settings>EOM Settings.
There are also further settings that prevent StoreAutomator from sending item location, warehouse cost and item category to EOM. These settings help you not to override and corrupt the data you have entered into EOM. Please refer to this article for more information.
You can also check the Additional Extensiv Order Manager Settings