CSV, or comma-separated values, is a common file format for storing and transmitting content such as contact records, calendar appointments, and statistical data.
Excel is supposed to read CSV files, but sometimes when you open a CSV you see scrambled data that’s impossible to read.
The easiest way to correctly open a CSV file every time is by importing it as data. Follow the steps below:
1. Create a new workbook (file) in Excel, or create a new worksheet in an existing Excel workbook.
2. Navigate to the “Data” tab.
3. Click on the “From Text/CSV” button.
4. A new window will open, often this will show the contents of the Documents folder. Navigate to the folder holding the .csv file that you want to open
5. Click “Import.”
6. A pop-up window will appear as follows, click “Load”
7. Your data can be edited as an excel table as follows.