Tracking Updates using Data Exchange (DX) Channel - FTP
StoreAutomator can receive product data using DXprotocols.
One of our DX channels, the FTP Channel, can be used to update your tracking numbers.
FTP Channel transfers data over an FTP connection from a remote computer to your SA inventory and then sends the job's output back to the remote folder.
As a result, after setting up the FTP connection, you can automatically send the tracking numbers to the channels.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that, since the FTP channel does not require a template, you must use our native template for tracking number import sothat our can read the file. Please see below for the format of the tracking number import template and the required fields for this template.
- From navigation panel, go Settings> Dx Channel
- Click Add Channel and choose FTP to start setting up.
- Give the name of the FTP channel. For example, Tracking Import Channel. And hit the “Create” button.
- Click the gear icon for FTP connection.
- Enter all the necessary credentials correctly and save.
- After storing FTP credential, click gear icon for Data Exchange as seen in the screenshot above, and enable the channel sync by turning on the “Sync Enabled” switch, also the daily schedules by hours can be set up by turning on the “Enable Daily Schedule” switch. When you are through with your settings, click save.
- At last, the channel will turn green which means SA will start obtaining the data.
To learn more how to set up a DX Channel, please refer to one of our articles called Data eXchange (DX) Channels
Tracking Import Template
Please use below fields for tracking data import.
One of the fields is required and it must be in the first column.
One of the fields is required
qtyShipped - Required field
carrier - Required field
trackingNumber - Required field
shipMethod - Required field
packageCode - NOT Required field
quantityCancelled - If there is a cancelation, but Not Required field
cancellationReason - If there is a cancelation, but Not Required field
shippedDate 2022-03-29T12:00:00 - Required field (the format will be exactly the same as the sample)
shippingCost - If there is a shipping cost, but Not Required field
The screenshot below is the sample tracking import template format.
Note: If you want to update the tracking information, you can upload this template straight to StoreAutomator. If you utilize FTP, this procedure is carried out automatically.