You can map the item specifics on product level by navigating to Edit Product>Custom Fields Mapping tab. These mappings will be applied for all products in that specific category removing the need to do this for each product on eBay.
Here are the steps to follow:
1- Go to your eBay channel and click on any product belonging to the local category which you want to assign item specifics.
2- Go to the “Custom Field Mapping” tab, find and add the custom field’s category.
3- Select “Manual”, write down the item spec name in this case “Type”, click the “Show Possible Options”.
4- Copy the valid possible option and paste into the custom field at inventory level.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The valid option must be identical as eBay requires this.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you didn’t find the right valid option for the products, you can type “Not Specified” into the custom field.
You can also use “default mapping” for all categories. This is useful when you don’t want to add all categories to send item specifics. With this, you will send a hardcoded spec name which will be defined from the custom field’s data.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to use the “from spec” feature, you need to map your local categories to eBay remote categories first.
If you want to map “from spec” feature:
- Click “Add Category” from the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the “Auto” instead of “Manual”.
- Click the empty bar and find and select the spec name, “Type” in this case.
- After you select the spec name, it will be automatically saved for that specific category.
- Click the “Show Possible Options”, copy the value and paste into the custom field on inventory level. (You need to find the correct valid value for each product on your inventory. Each product may have different valid options.)