Item specifics are the required fields to list the products on eBay. Almost all categories on eBay require these fields to publish the products.
You can easily map your item specifics using the custom field mappings facility in the StoreAutomator platform. You can map from the Channel>Mappings>Custom Fields tab or from the product level, which is found from Edit Product>Custom Fields Mapping tab.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These mappings will affect each product under the same local category after applying the mapping.
Here are the steps to follow:
1- Go to Channel>Mappings>Custom Fields tab. You can see all the custom fields in SA.
2- Find the custom field that you want to send as an item spec. You can use default mapping for the related custom field (Manual) that will be implied for all categories, or you can use from spec feature.
3- After you enter data to the empty bar, the related custom field will be sent to eBay as an item spec for all categories as default.
If you want to map “from spec” feature:
- Click “Add Category” from the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the “Auto” instead of “Manual”.
- Click the empty bar and find and select the spec name, “Type” in this case.
- After you select the spec name, it will be automatically saved for that specific category.
- Click the “Show Possible Options”, copy the value and paste into the custom field on inventory level. (You need to find the correct valid value for each product on your inventory. Each product may have different valid options.)
The valid option must be identical as eBay requires.
If you didn’t find the right valid option for the products, you can type “Not Specified” into the custom field.
If you want to use the “from spec” feature, you need to map your local categories to eBay remote categories first.