In this article, you will find all the information you need to to create and manage the Kohl’s marketplace through StoreAutomator.
Step 1: Create and Connect
The initial step involves your channel and entering your credentials securely in StoreAutomator - this will establish the connection. These articles explain how to set up your channel:
Step 2: SKU Override
The Kohl's sales channel has a different product feed from other sales channels and requires communication through Product IDs instead of SKUs. Perform the SKU Override by exporting all of your channel items. Navigate to “Export>Export Overrides>Custom Overrides>Sku override” and click Export. Download the file you just prepared and fill the SKU override field with the items IDs. Save and reupload to StoreAutomator.
Step 3: Create Product Data Templates and Set up Channel Mappings
After entering your credentials and creating your Kohl account on StoreAutomator, you can start to create your product data templates. You will need to download and create each template in StoreAutomator. Each category template has different requirements and valid values.
After creating the product data templates and mapping the category field to the required free text value from the possible options, you need to select “Use the category on the template” from “Channel Settings>Mirakl Settings” for the “Product Category Source For Flat File” dropdown. This will define the category on Kohl’s.
Template mapping is also essential. Map the templates by dragging and dropping the local category to the template from the “Channel>Mappings>Templates”.
Step 4: Price and Quantity (Offer Templates)
You need to download and create offer templates in order to add offers to your published products on Kohl’s. Then, you can assign them from “Channel Settings>Templates” and send quantity or price updates to the channel to add offers.
Step 5: Enable the Channel and Synchronize
The final step is to enable the channel main sync and update types. Navigate to “Channel>Channel Settings>Common” to send any feed to the remote channel.
If you don’t see some of the switches and settings on your channel settings page, please contact email@example.com so that we can enable these settings for you.
When all templates, template mappings and channel settings are ready, you are ready to push the product data and publish the listings on Kohl’s.
Product Status Check
Check the products status in StoreAutomator for the Kohl’s channel. If they are in “Published” status and have four green boxes in the Status tab (see above image), you can then send quantity or price updates and sync the channel.
Key points to remember!
- Only add offers to products after review and acceptance by the catalog team, which may take 24-48 hours.
- Prior to including products in the channel, perform the SKU override.
- Ensure completion of template mapping before including the products to the channel. Otherwise, your product won’t be created by Kohl's.
- Please, check the required fields on the downloaded Excel file before creating the templates on StoreAutomator as they may vary each category template.
- Map valid category values for each template as categories are sent through templates.
- You don’t need to send both quantity and price updates to the channel to add offers, because they are basically the same offer template, which contains both price and quantity values.