StoreAutomator’s generic feed channels prepare and send generic feed according to their assigned templates. These templates can be customized to include a custom fixed header footer at the top or bottom of the file, depending on your requirements.
To add a custom header or footer, go to the “Settings” tab of the template - see the image below, and you can find the custom header or footer settings near the bottom of the page.
As an example, if you want to send data to Overstock.com using a Generic Feed Template. When you download the template it will look like this:
The first thing you may notice in this example is that the header row is not the first row but has been set up to show on row 7. To insert the six lines before the header row, use a Fixed headers.
To mimic this template exactly, go to Template settings:
- Click on “Add Tag” under “Fixed Headers”
- Copy and paste the text in A1
- Put a comma to end the data that goes into Column A,
- Put another comma to end Column B, since this file’s B1 cell is empty but the C1 is full
- Now copy the text in C1 and paste it in the text box.
- Put a comma to end C1 column,
- Now copy the text in D1 and paste it in the text box, and it should look like the image below.
- And this line is done, go on to the next line
- A1 and B1 is empty, to imply that put 2 commas,
- Now copy the text in C2 and paste it in the text box, and put a comma,
- Now copy the text in D2 and paste it in the text box, and it should look like the image below:
Following these steps you can add the 6 lines that are required for this template.
Next, go to the Field Mapping tab to add your main headers, which are: Type, Product ID, Supplier SKU, Product Name, Overstock SKU, etc.
This will create the exact template that is required by Overstock website.