The first step is to create your channel and enter your credentials securely in StoreAutomator to setup the connection:
After entering your credentials and creating your Best Buy Canada account on StoreAutomator, you can start to create your product data templates. You will need to download and create each template in StoreAutomator. Each category template has different requirements and valid values.
The template mapping is also essential. Map the templates by dragging and dropping the local category to the template from the “Channel>Mappings>Templates”.
When the product data template and template mapping is completed, you need to create offer templates and assign them to the channel.
Next you need to enable the channel main sync and update types. Navigate to “Channel>Channel Settings>Common” to send any feed to the remote channel. If you don’t see some of the switches and settings on your channel settings page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can enable these settings for you.
When all templates, template mappings and channel settings are ready, you are ready to push the product data and publish the listings on Best Buy Canada.
Check the products status in StoreAutomator for the Best Buy Canada channel - , if they are in “Published” status and have four green boxes in the Status tab (see above image), you can then send quantity or price updates and sync the channel.
- You need to remember that even if you sent product data updates and created the product on Best Buy Canada, you can only add the offers to them when the product will be reviewed by the catalog team and accepted. This process may take 24-48 hours.
- Before including the products in the channel, make sure that you’ve completed the template mapping. Otherwise, your product won’t be created on Best Buy Canada.
- Please, check the required fields on the downloaded Excel file before creating the templates on StoreAutomator. They can be changed by templates.
- You need to assign the valid category value depending on which template you are using. We are sending the categories through templates.
- Since we are using category paths from the product data templates, you don’t need to map your local categories to Best Buy Categories.
- You don’t need to send both quantity and price updates to the channel to add offers, because they are basically the same offer template which contains both price and quantity values.