How to map the template’s fields for the Dia channel
Mapping the template’s fields allows you to send the correct data to each of the fields that the channel requires. To successfully map the fields of the Dia template, you need to adhere to the channel’s rules and map all the required fields. Please note that occasionally when processing your templates you may receive errors and, depending on the error type you receive (if any), additional “optional or recommended'' fields might need to be mapped as well.
Let’s choose a “Pants” category as an example to explain how to map those template fields.
To start the mapping your fields:
- You need to make sure your template is set up correctly and your Products file is uploaded to the template. Click here to learn how to set up a Dia template.
- Open the Products file and click on the “Columns” sheet to see the required fields of that specific category, which we chose as “pants” in our example.
- In StoreAutomator, go to settings>Templates and Edit the template.
- Go over the required fields in the Products file and locate each one in the template to map it. For example, to map the supplier-sku field, click on the edit icon on the right side of the field, then click on the empty space under the Source fields label to select Product. Next to Product, click again on the empty space and select SKU then click Ok.
- Follow the same steps to map all other required fields and then click “Save and Close” to save your work.
Same steps can be followed to map the fields of all other Dia templates that you created for each category.
It is very important to make sure that your product data of each of the required fields falls within the lists of acceptable values listed on the Reference Data sheet of the Product file.