Within StoreAutomator, you can create Master SKU to link other parent SKUs together on Amazon and Walmart.
A parent SKU is used when you have different variations of the same product (sizes, colors, etc.). Each variation of the product is a child of the parent. "Parent" product is an accessory that is used to relate to child products. Amazon and Walmart use the parent product to establish relationships between child products.
Master SKUs (Super Parents) are parents of parents. Master SKUs (Super Parents) are useful for grouping all variants under one parent, and therefore you can merge listings with another. For example, you are selling shirts, you have 5 different color and size variations under X parent, and you get lots of reviews for this listing. Also, you have other same brand shirt listings with different color-size variations (y parent - z parent), but these parents have not got any reviews yet, and therefore they cannot be published on front pages on channels. You can make X parent master SKU and merge other parents under X parent (master SKU).
You can also use this feature to merge split up listings together from scratch so that you will be able to see multiple Amazon or Walmart listings under that one master SKU (super parent).
This feature helps you to boost your sales and to have better listings.
The below figure explains how the parent, super parent relationship works.
Switch to the channel that you want to create a Master SKU relationship. Create color families and their size variants under a parent, use existing parents. Kindly ensure that your parents are excluded and not active on the channel.
First, a Master SKU (super parent) must be identified. Once you have the Master SKU name, this Master SKU must be entered into each parent as an SKU Override following the below steps:
1. Edit parent in by clicking on the Pen button towards the right.
2. In the general and Identity tab, there is “SKU Override,”
3. Write the Master SKU in this text box,
4. Save and exit,
5. Do the steps from 1 through 4 for each parent (sub-parent), which will be linked to Master SKU,
6. Check all products and make sure that parent and children’s Product Data Updates are on. If a product has a warning underneath its title, “Product Data Off,” this means the update has been turned off, and in the next sync, this product will not be sent to the remote channel.
To turn on product data updates, type the super parent name in the search box,
Click “Select All” and choose “Select all Matching Items.”
Click on the Bulk Actions button, select “Product Data Update,” and select “Allowed.” This will turn on Product Data Updates for all selected products, and the Warning is removed.
7. When ready, select one of the parents and include to channel.
8. Click on Sync Button and click on Yes.
9. When your first parent is created on the channel, click edit parent, and turn off the product data update.
10. After ensuring your first parent is published successfully and product data update is off, include the second parent to channel and follow the first parent’s steps for each one.
11. Follow the inclusion process until all sub-parents are included in the channel.
This will send the necessary feed to the channel to create Master SKUs (Super Parents) and locate all variants on one product page.
1-When you want to update your items, do not forget to turn the related parent's product update feature on. Kindly ensure that other parent’s product data update feature is turned off.
2-Don't send product data updates under other sub-parent products at the same time. Product data update needs to be sent to each parent and its children separately.
3-Don't include sub-parents at the same time. Each sub-parent needs to be included individually; otherwise, you will get variation errors due to sending more than one parent SKU in the same feed.
4- Do not leave the product update feature of the sub-parent turned on. Sub-parent's product data update feature needs to remain disabled.